Get Ready, Get Set, Get Prepped!
The best (and fastest) way to get through tax season is to get organized and prepared. The Swanson Group will send letters to outline all needed paperwork and provide a checklist to make it as easy as possible to get prepared. You can upload all documents to Liscio, our secure communication platform. Or, for those “old school” filers, you’re always welcomed to drop off hard copies at our office on Main Street in Westbrook. The packet outlines specifically what we need, but a quick recap includes:
- Brokerage statements
- Educational deductions and expenses, 1098 (T or E) or 1099-Q
- Healthcare documents, 1095s
- Mortgage interest and taxes, charitable donations 1098-Cs
- Real estate transaction paperwork
- Any tax notices sent by the IRS
- Copy of 2018 taxes (only needed if we did not prepare them last year)
Important note: If you do not want to file an extension, the deadline for individuals to provide this information to our office is March 15, 2020. For businesses filing without extension, please provide this paperwork no later than February 15, 2020. We are working on a first-in, first-out basis. We’re in this together, so reach out with any questions or concerns.